Sunday, March 9, 2008

From the Trunk II

Here are some artists' renderings of "Yours Truly" from the old trunk through which I am rummaging.

This first one was created by my 22-year-old niece, Marcia (Julian's mom), when she was about 6-7 years old. This portrait of me - apparently she perceived me as a clown - would not lead you to guess her future in art, but today she is a very talented artist at a local college. This drawing was accompanied by a little note that reads: "I love you sweet ant Lori." So cute.....
This next one also represents a distortion of reality...I am portrayed, not as a clown, but as a young, trim, bikini-sportin' Betty. I was young. That part's true. This was given to me in anticipation of a long-awaited vacation at Destin Beach.

Finally, Ricky Mims, a friend from college days, based this drawing on a photo taken at a church outing in Pensacola, and it's a fairly accurate representation of how I looked at the time. I have lost touch with him, but he had aspirations of becoming an animation artist for Disney...I wonder if he ever made it.

No comments: