Friday, March 26, 2010

For Want of Wit: 12

It's hard not to notice the increasing frequency of posts with this title.  Such is my life.

I have this tendency, which I don't quite understand, to carry 5 times as many things as I am safely capable of carrying in order to make fewer trips.  I'd rather risk blowing out my biceps by carrying 19 bags of groceries into the house at once, than to make 3 trips.  WHY???  It certainly isn't a time-saver!  As long as it takes to gather all 19, I probably could have completed all 3 trips already.  I've broken a few eggs in my time because I have to utilize a swinging/heaving motion to raise my 60-pound load to counter height and I don't always successfully  slow the momentum before the bags land. 

Today, I did a similar thing.  I tried to stack 9 glasses from the dishwasher to avoid walking to the glass cabinet multiple times.  I probably saved myself at least 8 steps total...well, actually, in the end I ADDED steps because THIS is what happened:


I managed to drop and shatter several of the glasses...all for the sake of 8 steps.  Hm. 

STUPID.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there, cute web site
just how to get blog posts that smash in your readers:
http://tinyurl.com/yg6bl2e