Monday, March 22, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...the boy is shootin' hoops...AGAIN!

From the kitchen...chicken thighs fried in bacon grease and butter...oh, yes!

Around the house...I hid all but one of Riesa's purses today.  Mean, I know.  But she gathers all her necklaces, bracelets, brooches, barretts, pens, pencils and markers, and distributes them among her 6 purses, so that I can never find what I'm looking for!  So...I consolidated them into one purse and hid the rest.   

A favorite thing...my Robert Graves dust mop...indispensable.

I am thinking...that passing Spring Break in St. Louis is just fine with me.

I am wearing...Courduroy birkenstocks with socks, running shorts and a sweatshirt.  Definitely a fashion statement.

I am hearing...Slavic Soul Party

I am reading...The Liturgy Trap by James B. Jordan.

I am creating...oh, blah.

I am thankful...for friends who broaden my cultural horizons...i.e. Slavic Soul Party!  Thanks, Pitts!

Plans for my week...read, clean, read, laundry, read, sun, read, garden, read...and maybe write a sentence or two.  It's Spring Break!  I'm supposed to take it easy, right?  Right.

A photo/video I am sharing:  I'd love to see this scene recreated in 2010, how 'bout you?



3 comments:

Laura said...

What's a Robert Graves dust mop and where do I get one? Here is a post idea, "Indespensible cleaning supplies". Maybe not too interesting to most, but I'd love to get some ideas. I've yet to come up with a dust rag, swiffer, etc. that I like or a toilet cleaner/brush that I like.

Lori Waggoner said...

It's just a large, easy-moving, swivel-head, dust mop with a washable cover! I got it at Target about 3 years ago.

I think I'll take you up on your suggestion: a post about essential cleaning supplies!

Hate Swiffers! (useless!) Hate most of the trendy attempts to make cleaning easier and quicker...they seem to be mostly ineffective! More to come on that! :-)

Lori Waggoner said...

PS: Robert Graves is an architect who began designing household items for Target a few years back. I don't REALLY care about the artistic profile of my dust mop...only that it WORKS!