Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Full of Love

Riesa brings a lot of joy into our home.  Yes...her presence brings some trials and some lifestyle shifts for our family, but she makes us laugh and that laughter is more valuable than the other "costs" of caring for her.

Here are some of her common sayings that crack us up! 

"I didn't do nuttin' anything!" (usually follows a poke in the ribs or some other "prank")

"NOW look what you did!" (when we drop or spill something)

"Not me...it's YOU!"  (after she burps or...something like that)

"You better not...I'll cut your fat head off!"  (said good-naturedly when someone plays a joke on her)

"I'm so sweet!" (which actually means:  I'm so happy)

"Now what's your problem?"  (when I try to get her to focus on me so I can ask her a question)

"May I?  Shut-up please?!" (usually said as an aside - and in a very polite voice - when I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do)

"Don't say 'shut-up' anybody anymore!"  (as an emphatic admonition to herself after she has told me to shut-up!)

"You ate too much!" (said to anybody she wants to say it to after a meal)

My recent favorite which I hadn't heard before:  "Your hips are too fat behind your back!" 

Believe it or not, she gets by with all this stuff! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riesa-isms. I got a good chuckle. Joanie

Janell Christine said...

I just laughed out loud. A lot! I love her :)