Monday, March 8, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...about a week's worth of yard work awaits.  Trimming back winter's death, raking leaves from our perpetually shedding pin-oaks, cleaning the brick patio and walkway.

From the kitchen...corn and potato chowder. 

Around the house...Spring cleaning has begun.  Again.  One room down, 13 to go.

A favorite thing...my laminator.  One of my best investments ever.  I didn't realize how often I would use it!

I am thinking...that 2-weeks alone in a beach house should become an annual tradition for me.  Actually, I'd take 4 weeks.  That way, I could maybe write one of those books I've been dreaming about for years!

I am wearing...same ol' thing:  gray running pants, long-sleeved Under Armour shirt and jacket, along with my new comfy Ryka running shoes.

I am hearing...three phenomenal women vocalists performing together acapella:  Gillian Welch, Allsion Krauss and EmmyLou Harris.

I am creating...a crocheted baby afghan.

I am thankful for...generous friends.

A photo/video I am sharing...those of you who are on FB already saw this.  This is the condition in which I found the dryer vent when I returned from 2 weeks away!   At least the laundry was all finished when I got home, right?!?  Those boys...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one nasty lint filter. But then not bad for 2 weeks worth of laundry. Or maybe it wasn't 2 weeks worth. Maybe they left some for you to wash. Better look under those beds. Joanie