Monday, May 10, 2010

Leisurely Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...I love the way the garden changes daily at this time of year.

Around the house...rooms have been switched.  The former living room:


Is now the dining room:


The former dining room:

Is now the living room!


I used to do this stuff at least twice a year, but I am too old and tired to pull that off anymore.  It has taken me 4 days so far - including painting the walls - and I'm ALMOST finished.  In the past, it would have been complete within 48 hours TOPS!  Sigh...

From the kitchen...Blackened salmon...a household favorite.

A favorite thing...A pink depressionware serving bowl which belonged to my Great-Grandma Palmer.

I am wearing...flip-flops and a suede jacket.  A bit incongruous, I admit.

I am hearing...Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova from the movie Once.

I am reading...Fight the Good Fight by Robert Rayburn.

I am thankful for...my Momma and Papa who have been married for 48 years this week.

A photo/video I am sharing:  My siblings and I had dinner with my parents on Friday...our first family only gathering since Jeffrey's death a year ago.

5 comments:

Angie B. said...

Wow....cool rearrangement! Just this week one of my Facebook friends was talking about how excited she was about some rearranging she did at home. I think maybe I'll have to try it, too.

Bridgett said...

This is a great picture of your family, though I'm sure it's bittersweet without Jeffrey in it. I continue to pray about the family's grieving and healing.

Lori Waggoner said...

Go for it, Angie. It's labor-intensive, but FREE! :)

Lori Waggoner said...

Thank you, Bridgett. I am doing the same for you and those young men of yours as you also continue to adjust to life without Ken.

The Lord be with you.

Unknown said...

you are so cool.

[nelson]