Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Seriously Simple SINamon Rolls

Seriously Simple SINamon Rolls

6 T. butter - put in bottom of 9x13 pan then place in warm oven to melt

2-3 handfuls of brown sugar (scientific, I know!) - crumble evenly over melted butter then press with a fork until the sugar is saturated with the butter

Place 6-9 Sister Schubert's Yeast Rolls bottom-side-down on top of the sugar mixture (however many will fit)

Smear the top of each roll with softened butter...YES!  MORE butter!  Then generously sprinkle each with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar - I blend these by sight and taste, so I cannot accurately establish proportions...just do what you'd do for cinnamon toast!

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  I usually make them from the frozen state, so if you thaw yours first, you may want to check them after about 10 minutes.

These are messy, gooey, buttery, caramelly...and FABULOUS!!  And Oh, so very easy!!  

NOTE:  When I am not in a hurry, I like to boil the caramel in a saucepan first.  For those who asked...this is the way I did it for the wrestlers last weekend!

For each 9x13 pan:
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar

Melt butter, whisk in sugar, stir constantly until mixuture has boiled for 3-4 minutes.  Pour in bottom of 9x13 pan, then proceed as outlined above.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both receipes sounds yummy! Love the Sister Shubert rolls. Joanie

annie said...

These look good! Oh, and by the way, Sister Schubert has a cookbook out now. It's called "Cast Your Bread Upon the Waters".

Lori Waggoner said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Annie! Wonder if she can teach me to make rolls that taste like hers?! I always use hers over homemade anymore b/c they are so absolutely perfect...no matter what I do to them! Much softer and more moist than my own!