Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wordsmith Wednesday

Which is the antonym in each collection of synonyms?

Answers have already been highlighted.  Thanks to those who played along on here as well as on FB.  Come back next Wednesday...and try again!

1)
a.  condone
b.  decry
c.  condemn
d.  deprecate
e.  vilify

2)
a.  disobedient
b.  tractable
c.  recalcitrant
d.  errant
e.  willful

3)
a.  taciturn
b.  reserved
c.  cold-hearted
d.  demonstrative
e.  insensitive

4)
a.  zealous
b.  energetic
c.  dynamic
d.  vital
e.  torpid

5)
a.  narcissistic
b.  egotistical
c.  self-effacing
d.  self-centered
e.  vain

6) 
a.  imprecise
b.  ambiguous
c.  obscure
d.  vague
e.  perspicuous

7)
a.  repellant
b.  disarming
c.  ingratiating
d.  winsome
e.  conciliatory

8)
a.  laconic
b.  loquacious
c.  terse
d.  succinct
e.  pithy

9)
a.  artful
b.  disingenuous
c.  pretentious
d.  candid
e.  obligatory

10)
a.  capacious
b.  ample
c.  confined
d.  commodious
e.  voluminous


6 comments:

rebekah said...

1 a, 2 b, 3 d, 4 e.....thats as far as I got cause I'm on my phone :)

rebekah said...

5c, 6e, 7a, 8a, 9d, 10 c...?????

Lori Waggoner said...

Not bad...but not ALL right. I'm gonna wait for some competition before I reveal the TRUTH!

Maybe if I offered a GIFT, people would play along...? Hmmm.

Alicia said...

1. a 2. b 3. d 4. e 5. c 6. e 7. a 8. b 9. d (?) 10. c

Lori Waggoner said...

Rebekah...you only missed #8, but so did half the people who played along (several others joined in over on FB). Nice job!

Alicia...congrats! You and Rachel LeCroy are the only 2 who got everything right!

jennifer h said...

Got home tonight at about 6:45, so I missed the chance to play. Looking at it now hurts my brain. So I'll just mosey on by . . .