Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome Back #25


As far as I recall, this photo from McGwire Day in 2004 represents the last time Mark appeared in a public forum in STL...until now.

I was pleased to witness his warm reception at the Cardinals Winter Warm-up and was very happy to see a genuine smile on McGwire's face for the first time in years.  The relief granted him by his public confession was obvious, and the people have responded with an open-hearted spirit and a willingness to receive him once again as a man of integrity. 

The grace of the Gospel manifests itself in the hearts of men, whether they realize it or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post about Big Mac. I also am glad he has come clean. I hope that he can get on with his life. It seems to me that this sin has weighed him down for a while and the weight lifted must be freeing. It is wonderful having him back with the Cards. Joanie