Thursday, December 17, 2009

In the Image of God

If the following makes no sense to you, you should get a copy of James B. Jordan's Creation in Six Days and read it. Or, maybe you should just get inside my head and figure me out. If I were you...I'd choose the book. Much less dark and complicated.



1. Take hold of the formless and void: fabric, pattern pieces, scissors, pins

Change mind about which design to use
(not sure that one follows "The Creative Pattern", though)


2. Separate - cut up, mark


3. Reconstitute into something new - fuse and piece together in an orderly fashion, giving form to the formless, separated mess






4. Name - bodice, skirt, sleeve, lining...COAT!


5. Assign duties - keep "young lady" warm and...stylish? Well, warm anyway.





So, what do you think?  Kind of "out there"?  A PINK overcoat?  I think I like it.  I especially like the gathers at the back...my own little variation on the original.  I hadn't sewn an item of clothing for several years (7-10?), so I thought it would take me a week or two, but VOILA!  36-hours later...mission accomplished!



7 comments:

Trina Waggoner said...

Why pink? Had too ask. I'm still stuck with needle and thread, your awesome, Lori!!

annie said...

Very nice! I think that the pink really suits you. :)

Lori Waggoner said...

Why pink? Hmmm. 'Cause it's feminine...and nobody else will have one.

Lori Waggoner said...

Thanks, Annie! I still remember the jacket you made for yourself a year or two ago. I only saw you wear it ONCE!

livinginthemidwest said...

I love it! Good job! I would wear a pink coat...if it were cold outside. :o)

Lori Waggoner said...

Thanks, Erin. Way to rub it in though. Don't you miss "seasons"? And cold and snow at Christmastime? I did for the brief time I lived in CA.

Brandy said...

I LOVE it! You are so darn cute :0)