Friday, December 4, 2009

UP


Lost love.

Unfulfilled dreams.
Promises fulfilled in surprising ways.

Embracing the unexpected blessings that come in lieu of the dreams.
Sacrificial service for another's salvation, even when it requires letting go of the dreams.
You know...just your average kids' movie. Wow.
That's all I can say about UP. Wow.
Beautiful. Profound. Sad. Redemptive.
This movie is worth owning. To quote one of PIXAR'S first and most delightful characters, "You don't have one...GET ONE!"

2 comments:

Brandy said...

We loved it too! Thanks for posting about it. It made me appreciate some of the things I had looked over when I watched it.

Anonymous said...

I loved so many things about that movie. It is definitely a keeper. (It was probably the old guy and "scout" that got to me. And the special love of old guy and wife.) I agree, it is a movie that needs to be seen again and again. Joanie