Monday, December 28, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... unfortunately, the season's first snowfall disappeared as quickly as it came.
 
From the kitchen...Mary Stiger's eggless sugar cookies.  Recipe to follow later this week.

Around the house...I am forced to take down the Christmas tree much sooner than I planned.  The branches which started out 2 feet off the ground are now touching it.  There isn't even a hint of life left in that thing.

A favorite thing...digital photography.  I love how quick and easy it is to share photos with others.

I am thinking...that writing fiction is very, very difficult!  I'm still working on my first attempt at a short story.  It's slow going...

I am wearing...a hunter green cowlneck top...one of those fashions I was certain would never re-emerge.  I like them even more this time around!

I am hearing...Abbie Gardner and Anthony da Costa - Abbie is one of the gals from the Red Molly trio, which you've heard too much about lately.  Her voice is a perfect blend with da Costa, a young singer-songwriter in the folk tradition.  I am newly addicted to 6 tracks from their shared album:  Bad Nights / Better Days - You Remind Me...Note...I'd Rather Be...On My Knees...Crazy In Love...Let Me Die In Your Arms.

I am reading...Jesus Ascended by Gerrit Dawson:  a practical theology of Christ's incarnation and ascension.  I'll let you know what I think...as usual.

I am thankful...that my eldest son can now drive about independently.  'Course I'm not as thankful for that as HE is!  Got milk?

Plans for my week...welcome the New Year with church friends.  Consider making resolutions.  Again.
 
A photo/video I am sharing...the Shaffer men modeling a traditional Christmas Eve gift...matching jammies.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Very cute (the men in PJ's).