Monday, December 21, 2009

Leisurely Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...another perfectly chilly morning for a run.  I literally hate myself for the first 5 minutes for being stupid enough to do this, but am more than a little satisfied with myself when it's over!  Not only because I DID IT!!  But also because I survived without getting killed, which after last Tuesday AM, I must say I now recognize as an accomplishment.  One can never be too cautious, you know?



From the kitchen...crepes with powdered sugar.  Yummmm.



Around the house...the Christmas tree is already crispy from top to bottom.  I mean reeeaaallly crispy.  Dry.  Dead.  Crispy.  I like to keep it up until Epiphany, but I'm not sure that's even an option this year.  :-(



A favorite thing...our church's yearly Lessons & Carols service. 



I am thinking...that I love the ages my boys are.  Wish I could keep 'em right here for a while.  Don't think I've ever felt that way before now.



I am hearing...12 days of Christmas.  This is NOT your mother's version.  Guaranteed.  "What's a partridge?  What's a pear tree?  I don't know, so please don't ask me!"



I am reading...believe it or not, I am STILL reading All My Holy Mountain.  Nearly finished.  And I haven't started anything else!
 
I am creating...C'mon...I just made a PINK COAT!  Cut me a little slack, eh?



I am thankful...that Julian Paul Camp was joined to the Body of Christ yesterday. 



Plans for my week...buy at least 1 Christmas present for each of my family members and fill their stockings.  I have not bought ONE present...STILL!!  Parties Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday!! 


A photo/video I'm sharing...am I the only one who misses the sights and sounds of the ballpark?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bista crawl elijah provide timescales suppose melrose flock chronically talking expunged
semelokertes marchimundui

Rebekah said...

So you're enjoying this age of your boys? I'm so surprised! I'm totally scared of the teenage time coming with mine. I mean I'm scared they'll be rebellious and hate me and hate God. Good to hear that yours aren't - God is certainly able to keep ours too - I really need to trust him more in this area!

Lori Waggoner said...

I am! You know, my mom has this theory that all people rebel on some level at some point in their life. Many do it as teens. However...Grant came out of the womb kicking and screaming against authority and didn't quit until he was about 13-14! Hopefully, he's gotten all his out! Though we still have the push-and-pull that comes from trying to figure out how much independence is warranted, he has become a pleasant, funny, kind-hearted teenager!

Eric is just entering the teens, and seems to be heading the same direction as Grant, but he hasn't had a rebellious time yet. If my mom is right, I hope he does it before he's 40 and married with kids, you know? Anyway...they're a ton of fun right now!