Friday, December 11, 2009

For Want of Wit: 9

My husband travels. His car is often absent from the driveway. That's my excuse. Let's just get that part out of the way.

When I pull into our L-shaped driveway, I turn into the short arm of the upside down "L" in order to get Riesa as close to the door as possible. This means that on those rare occasions when Shaf's car is in the driveway, he pulls straight in and parks directly behind my vehicle.

Well...there was this time...when I sort of forgot he was home. I backed straight into his driver's side door, leaving a nice little dent. Do you have any idea how ridiculously embarassing it is to run into an immobile vehicle in your own driveway? I mean really!

The hub was relatively cool about it. "Oh well. It's just a car...these things happen." OK then.

The REAL stupidity entered when, about 2 weeks later, I DID IT AGAIN. Yep. Lucky for me, I hit the exact same spot so it wasn't even noticeable. I kind of forgot to tell the hub. But that's OK. My boys were in the car with me when I did it and they nonchalantly mentioned that I had once again backed into his car! Of course, he didn't believe them because there's no way I wouldn't tell him. It was a minor oversight, ya know?

How stupid do you have to be to do it once? How MUCH STUPIDER do you have to be to do it a second time?

STUPID.

2 comments:

Wes Murrell said...

good, i'm not the only one who does stupid stuff! lol

Lori Waggoner said...

As you can see, I tend to do more than my fair share!

When I see you, I will have to ask, you know. I love a good story... :-)