Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Little Mastermind

So, I've told you before about my younger son's creativity, right?  If you don't remember, check out these posts about him.


A Love for Learning

A Love for Fire

A Love for Adventure

My Baby is 12!


Here's his latest creative "project."  He had a fairly hearty case of  "Swine Flu" in the fall and was stuck at home for several days.  Like any boy with an active mind, as soon as that fever broke, he became bored with the inactivity.  I went upstairs to check on him and found this nifty little set up.  I don't know if you can tell, but he built a structure around the base of his lamp. 



He created it with Magnetix.  Those things are awesome!  A set is comprised of metal balls and magnetic rods of varying lengths which provide endless design possibilities and practical experience with physics and engineering.  The child doesn't realize that, of course.  He's just having FUN!   If you have a child with any creative/building/design inclinations, you have to get some of these!!  If your kid loves Legos, he'll probably love these as well.

No comments: