Thursday, September 6, 2007

Enter...Harold Wayne Nichols

On September 29, 1988, I was busy catering to 6 middle-aged, self-important salesmen at Andrews Distributing Company in Chattanooga, TN...just another day at the office in my recently-acquired position as Administrative Assistant...when I received an unusual call.

It was my former employer from Orange Grove Center asking if I could work a night shift for them THAT NIGHT. I had previously been employed with Orange Grove for 6 years, where I had worked in classroom, residential, and sheltered workshop settings. My primary responsibility had been to attend to young adults who had acquired the unfortunate and dangerous habits of aggression and self-abuse. This particular day, one of the young men was "going off," as we called it, and they needed someone to stay awake at his group-home overnight to ensure he didn't run away.

This request was highly unusual. In fact, I had never been called to work an extra shift of this nature even while I was an employee; I had never worked at this particular residence; nor had I been asked to work in any capacity since leaving 6 months earlier! Since I didn't require much sleep and was available, I agreed to do it. After completing my regular job at Andrew's that day, I headed home for a few hours respite before reporting for duty at 10pm.

It was an uneventful evening at the group-home...the young man slept through the night while I sat reading. At about 6am, when the household began to stir, I left for home to clean up for my day job.

Home was a quaint 3-bedroom, 1 1/2 story house that I shared with two other single young women from my church (Karen, and Sue). The home belonged to Karen's family and she had grown up there. Her parents had recently divorced prompting her mother to move East, leaving Karen behind to finish college. The third housemate, Sue, was also in school and working a night shift.

When I arrived home in the early hours of September 30, after my stint at the group home, I heard Karen's alarm going off upstairs in her attic bedroom, but she wasn't turning it off. I began to get aggravated at the noise, but because it was HER house, and I had never been invited to her room, I didn't consider going up to turn off the alarm. I knew that Karen didn't like being alone at night, so I figured maybe she had gone to stay the night with a friend, forgetting to "unset" her alarm...I looked in the driveway and saw her car still home, but thought maybe she had been picked up.

After a few minutes, I became uneasy - as young, single women are prone to be - and decided to check the doors and make sure they were locked.  As I headed toward the back door, I found the iron laying on the floor - not normal - then I found the back door ajar. At this point, I became somewhat fearful, thinking maybe Karen had been kidnapped.  I quickly talked myself out of that, but decided I needed to get out of the house because that unlocked door made me nervous! I quickly headed to Andrews Distributing and waited for someone with a key to arrive and let me in, and then I began to work.  In retrospect this seems really odd, but having been single for a long time, I was used to getting a bit nervous over what had always turned out to be nothing.

Around 9am, my other roommate, Sue, called and told me that upon arriving home, she also heard Karen's alarm going off, but Sue, unlike me, had gone upstairs. She said, "I came up here and found Karen lying on the floor with blood all over her...she can't talk to me...I don't know what's wrong with her." Of course, at that point, I began to tremble because I knew that there wasn't just something "wrong with her," but that something had "happened to her."

I hung up, called 9-1-1, and rushed over to the house. By the time I arrived, Karen was already being attended to by EMT's. We followed her to the hospital where she died later that afternoon.

Sue and I returned to the crime scene for questioning. As I entered the house, my stomach churned. A dusting of black powder around the doorways, designed to reveal fingerprints, revealed instead the forms of crosses above and to the sides of the door jambs. The police surmised about the possibility of a ritualistic, occultic killing. The sight was terrifying. I don't even remember what questions I was asked or answered. (We learned shortly afterward that Karen's mother had had the house "cleansed and blessed" after her divorce, and the marks around the doors were from that ritual. Still strange to me, but unrelated to Karen's death.)

This was the beginning of months of terror for me. I had never known REAL FEAR before.  As soon as the sun set each evening, I began to physically shake and could not be alone. I moved in, temporarily, with my fiancee's family, where every night, K sat next to my bed until I fell asleep.

For the first couple of days after the murder, I faithfully watched the TV news, hoping to learn something new, but was enraged when they couldn't even get Karen's age right. One night, they announced nonchalantly that the murderer "could have used an ax." Imagine the vivid pictures that conjured up in my mind...this wasn't just "some girl." When I questioned the lead detective about it, his explanation was that the reporter wondered what kind of weapon had been used...when told that they didn't know yet, the reporter asked, "Could it have been an ax?" Det. H answered, "We haven't ruled anything out." And from THAT, they reported that "he could have used an ax." From that day until the present, I have not watched the news.

After a week or so, I returned to the house to retrieve my belongings.  I was  accompanied by three grown men, two of whom were burly New Jersey Italians, who were undone emotionally upon entering the house...an overwhelming feeling of evil pervaded the place.

As the investigation progressed, but without answers, my mind played tricks on me. I began to fear that when I approached my car to go to lunch, I would find the murder weapon lying on my front seat...or that the murderer was following me. I suspected Karen's best friend, a fine Christian man from church. I even suspected my own fiance. One day as I passed through the kitchen at his home, I noticed a rusty old sickle hanging on the wall and was suddenly paralyzed with irrational fear...what if K had done it? Afterall, he was the ONLY person who knew Karen would be alone that night. There were even moments when I would ask myself if I had killed her...how bizarre is that? The fears were inexplicable and assumed many forms, but they were persistent.

It's hard to imagine the effects of a crime of this nature. I believe one of the most difficult aspects was that it happened in our HOME, with locked doors, where a person should feel safe from harm. The destruction of that one particular pleasure of life is indescribable and took years to overcome.

Another grave difficulty was applying my beliefs about the sovereignty of God to the circumstances. Many around me commented on God's protection of me, as though I was to rejoice that it was Karen and not ME that was raped and beaten. All I could see, was that God had removed me from the situation SO THAT the crime could happen...it wouldn't have happened if I had been home. Why did I receive that unusual call to work? Why would God orchestrate the circumstances to make this horrendous event possible?

I eventually ceased to fight that fight, even though I never found any answers. I simply don't know why it happened in the way and at the time it did. Why did a sweet, beautiful, 21-year-old, Christian, innocent girl have to suffer the way Karen did? I don't know.

Four months later, in January, 1989, a pizza-delivery man was arrested for a string of rapes that had been committed in the Chattanooga area during the previous 3 1/2 months. Upon interrogation, he confessed to unintentionally killing Karen. It was a detailed confession that could only have been given by the perpetrator of the crime.

On the night of September 29, Harold Wayne Nichols had lingered outside our home, watching me get ready for work through a small crack in the blinds. He was on the property when I left for the night shift, and shortly after, entered the house through a bathroom window. He found a 2x4 near the back door, which became his "weapon" to subdue Karen. She was the first of his 9 rape victims, and the only one who was murdered. (I had worked at Orange Grove for several years with another of his victims...although she lived to tell her story, she never recovered from the emotional trauma.)

The case was tried by a faithful, Christian District Attorney (an elder at a PCA church in Chattanooga), named Steve Bevil, who sought the death penalty for the man. In his closing arguments, he showed the jury an enlarged portrait of the beautiful, innocent Karen, saying, "Karen Elise Pulley: September 29, 1988. Enter...Harold Wayne Nichols..." Showing a picture of her from the crime scene, "Karen Elise Pulley: September 30, 1988," Mr. Bevil implored the jury to show Nichols the same mercy he had shown her. They did, and laid on him the penalty of death. At the time of his trial, we were told it would probably take 20 years for the sentence to be carried out. It has been 19 years this month.

A few years back, the Public Defender's Office called to tell me there was new evidence to acquit Mr. Nichols - an alibi - and indicated there would be a new trial in which I would have to testify. Since no physical evidence had linked him to Karen's murder, his conviction had been based solely on his videotaped confession, which the Public Defender now called "coached." Talk about cruel...I felt like this was a "game" that this defender was trying to win...she was flippant and even "chipper" about it, as though it were just some impersonal random story from a TV show. Thank God that appeal was eventually struck down, as were dozens of others through the years.

The Chattanooga District Attorney's Office called today to update me on Mr. Nichol's status. Last year (2006), advanced DNA testing was done by the Defender's Office and Harold Wayne Nichols was inextricably linked to Karen's rape and murder. So, at least in her case, his sentence stands; however, on September 20th, in a process that doesn't make sense to me, he is going to be re-sentenced for some of the non-capital offenses (the other rapes). These sentences will be reduced from 150+ to maybe 70-80 years in prison...if he is already sentenced to die, what difference does it make? The DA says that only 3 executions have been carried out in Tennessee's recent history and it is likely to take at least another 10 years. It's possible that Nichols may die of old age in prison, rather than actually face execution.

Over the years, I have prayed for Mr. Nichol's repentance...I have even considered writing to him, but can't bring myself to do it. Maybe someday I'll have the courage. Afterall, he changed my life in profound ways and not a week passes that I don't think of him.

46 comments:

Bobber said...

Wow, Lori, that is an incredible story. I am so sorry for you and your friend. I appreciate that you have shared this. Blessings.

Jessie said...

Wow, Lori, I am not sure what to say. I can't imagine experiencing something like this. I am amazed to see how beautifully the grace and mercy of the Lord has influenced you since then. Thanks for sharing this story about your life.

Lori Waggoner said...

Thank you both for your kind remarks.

Chris said...

Lori,

Thanks for writing about this. What a nightmarish experience...and yet God did not abandon you, but enabled you (and still enables you) to walk through the horror.

Sounds like the phone call this week has drudged up a lot...I can't imagine.

Peter Leithart's words about the resurrection of Jesus delivering us from Sheol are appropriate here:

We also know Christians who die early, who die violently, and they are not brought back from the dead as Jesus was. What if sickness does cut us down in our youth, before we have ripened, before we have completed our life's projects? What do we say about Christians who die prematurely? What about Christians who suffer failure in a career, in marriage, with children? Has the resurrection failed for them? Has God abandoned them in Sheol. The resurrection of Jesus also contains a promise for them. The resurrection of Jesus means that even if we are cut down "before our time," we can be like seed dying in the ground to bear much fruit. Even if your life seems fruitless and absurd, even if you are frustrated and defeated, your dying is fruitful in Christ. No Christian is ever abandoned to Sheol. No Christian ever suffers death-in-life without fruit. No Christian ever suffers premature physical death without being a seed planted. Even the apparent defeats and failures of life are transformed into victory.

The whole post is here:

http://www.leithart.com/archives/002930.php

April said...

Lori,
I remember years ago when you shared bits of this story with me and I was horrified. I can't imagine the fear you have dealt with over the years. It is an amazingly sad story and I'm sorry it keeps coming back into your life.

Lori Waggoner said...

Chris - Thank you for the encouragement from Leithart. As always, his words are true, beautiful and profound.

Are you my pastor Chris, or my friend Chris, or a stranger?

April - This story is part of the permanent fabric of my life. My regular remembrances of it are matter-of-fact and don't stir up much fear; however, phone calls like the one this week, which bring it to the forefront, make me realize that it still affects me deeply. After posting the story, I was sweating and shaky. Thanks for your sympathy.

I can't believe you're finding time to blog in the midst of your move! I hope today goes well for you. My hubby will be there shortly...give him a good workout! Love to your whole family...we'll miss you.

Chris said...

Your pastor...though I thought I was your friend too...

Lori Waggoner said...

You mean they are not mutually exclusive?

I just needed to know whether to address you with terms of endearment or reverence. Apparently, neither are called for in this case! :)

Anonymous said...

Lori, you have written of this life changing incident so well that I find myself feeling many emotions as I read your blog. I had no idea that you have endured such a trauma and yet you continue on. I am speechless and yet thank God for the work he is doing in you and through you. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,
it's your friend Chris;-)

"Consideration for the lives of others and the laws of humanity, even when one is struggling...does not go wholly unrewarded." W.L.S.C.

Love, Chris

Lori Waggoner said...

My friends, Joanie and Chris,
Thank you both.

Jeff Meyers said...

Chilling. I had no idea that this had happened to you.

The dilemma you discuss about the sovereignty of God is honest and exactly right. We are often flippant about how we use arguments "from providence." We are quick to affirm God's all-controlling providence when someone is spared from some close encounter with evil. But the truth is that God is control of all things. Although he does not cause evil, he surely has the ability to constrain and divert it. The fact that he doesn't in a particular instance simply cannot be rationally comprehended. Either one trusts his wisdom and plan even when we cannot understand or even agree with what he has done or allowed, or he has no control over anything and we are all at the mercy of chaos and old night.

PJL is right. Only the cross of Christ gives us confidence that God himself willingly submitted to unjust suffering and death so that evil and death will be conquered in the end.

A memorable post, Lori. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Anonymous said...

Lori, please e-mail me. i knew Harold before this all began and i am very frightened of him. i spoke to the prosecutor today. Harold was in court yesterday. i would very much like to talk to you.

adamskaren31@yahoo.com

karen

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori... I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I remember this crime well. One of my dear friend's was another one of his rape victims. He should be condemned to death. I wish I could forgive him, but I can't. I wish the courts did not take so long to follow through with the death penalty. This only prolongs pain for his victims, their families, & his family. --- Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

I worked with this monster's wife when this occurred. I even had brief conversations with him when he arrived to pick her up after work. He seemed quiet, yet friendly enough. My heart goes out to you as I know, even to this day, that it is a continual re-occurring nightmare. I commend you on being able to speak out concerning the whole ordeal. I think it is a form of healing to be able to now talk about it. Blessings to you now and always.....Sincerely "J"

Anonymous said...

Karen, I will contact you.

Anonymous said...

Mary Ellen, I agree that it takes too long for execution. I understand and appreciate all the safeguards that are in place to ensure we don't wrongfully put someone to death, but when the testimony, confession and evidence are this overwhelming, there is no reason punishment cannot be carried out swiftly. I'm sorry for your friend as well...I trust in time she will find justice and some degree of closure.

Anonymous said...

J, Thanks for your kind words. I have often wondered how Joann is doing. She was obviously shocked and devastated by all of this...I feel for her and have prayed for her many times as well.

Unknown said...

Lori, I happened upon your blog after doing a google search on Harold Wayne Nichols; after telling a co-worker my story, I was curious to find out what had happened to him; I am closely involved with this case, in fact, I am the one who initially called the police which led to his arrest; my partner, Larry, was Wayne's boss at Godfather's; we had talked about the scratches he would have sometimes when coming into work, and that made us curious; when he was described as "red-headed" we were even more curious; eventually, I had to call the police to tell them of our suspensions. Of course, the official take on his capture was because of diligent police work, but the detective I talked to said they had absolutely no leads before my call. I would be glad to talk to you further about this, if you care to...my name is Chuck, and you can email me at chuckm@sccoast.net. I had never heard your story, and am truly sorry to hear what you went through. My best to you!

Lori Waggoner said...

We can't underestimate the contribution of citizens who take the time to report suspicions to the authorities. Many, many cases are resolved because of such actions. I appreciate your role in this case, because, as you stated, leads were rare or non-existent.

Thank you for your kind words and well-wishes.

Anonymous said...

October 15, 2008

Lori,
Karen was my cousin. I never knew the details of that horrible night and what it had to of been like for you. I just know how horrible it was for all of us-her family. I think about her often and occassionally find out about things like this blog. Our family no longer keeps in touch with Karen's mom since her dad died. I have gone back to the house one time since the murder and I can't even explain what it felt like seeing the log up next to the window where he tried to get in. I am sure it has been hard for you over the years but as long as you keep your trust and faith in God he will heal you. God Bless!

Sincerely,

Starr Wilson

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

I went to Word of Life with Karen, and didn't know this had happened until a phone call today. I've hooked up with an old friend on facebook that also went to WOLBI, and we finally talked on the phone today. After hours of getting caught up, we began discussing deeper subjects, like why does God allow some people to enter the fiery furnace and leave completely unscathed, and others enter the furnace and get burned to non-recognition. And then she told me about Karen. I'm so sad, she was such a very sweet, beautiful girl. I thank God that she was saved, and have no idea whey this happened, but take comfort in the fact that someday we'll know the beauty that came out of such evil. Someday we'll have our new bodies and we'll embrace Karen and laugh and this will never be thought of again. God bless you and keep you always. Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

It's been less than a month since I wrote on your blog, and mine is the last comment. Not even sure you'll read this...

I haven't done a Bible study in years, and a friend of mine wants to do one. So I started looking into different books, started with Beth Moore, then today, I found a book in a pile my mom just brought at Thanksgiving, by Kay Arthur. Called Lord, Where are you when Bad Things Happen. Kay is from Chattanooga, the book was published in 90, 2 years after Karen's death. On page 2, she mentions "a twenty-year-old girl, a personal friend of ours, a Christian with a sterling reputation, was found brutally murdered in her bedroom". If you haven't read the book, you might want to pick it up. It just seems too much like something God would do for this to be a coincidence. God bless you -

Kim Pittman
kapittman@carolina.rr.com

Lori Waggoner said...

Kim, I appreciate your very kind responses and words of encouragement and blessing. This was indeed a very great tragedy, which, as you indicated, will one day be set straight. In the meantime, the Lord remains faithful and He fulfuills all His good purposes...sometimes in ways beyond our understanding.

My mom is a huge Kay Arthur fan. I was unaware that she referenced Karen's death in her book. Thanks for mentioning it, and if my mom has it I may just give it a read.

Kind words of blessing from a Christian sister I've never met make me take stock of and delight in the unity of Christ's body throughout the world. May the peace of Christ be with you.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I knew the details of this tragedy and have thought about all 3 ladies who lived in that house. In 1990-1994 I was in Karen's mothers spanish class and she told me the story when she was about to go down for the trail. I was going on a trip to Nashville that year and she was very fearful of me going and then she told me why. I have thought about Karen's house mates over the years and prayed for you often. Imagine my surprise when I saw this posted. I have been trying to find Karen's mom for quite some time and have had no luck. Have you ever talked to her over the years?

irishblonde said...

Hi Lori-
I am a friend of Karen's sister. She was of course,alsohorribly,profoundly affected by this horrific crime. I only wanted to leave this comment: although we cannot understand it, I do believe things like this are the "proof" of the principle that God uses EVERYTHING for his glory-I know for a fact that the members of Karen's family all have drawn closer to God as he has healed them,walking them thru this tragedy.That makes the truth that even Karen's death,as hideous and painful as it was,was NOT in vain-her death was FOR Christ,because she served him and brought many to him by her sacrifice. Blessings to you-I have added you to my prayer list.

Lori Waggoner said...

Anonymous - I have not been in touch with Karen's family since shortly after the trial. I'm always surprised to find out how many people, that I never even knew, have prayed for me both during and since this tragedy. Thank you.

Irishblonde - I know Karen's family has suffered a great deal through the years, indeed, MUCH MUCH more than I have. I also rejoice that God uses all circumstances for our sanctification and to fulfill his purposes in the world. Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say this is a really eye opening story i was able to hear the story today from Karen's mother she was my spanish teacher for two years and i can still see she has been deeply affected by this and still shows her pain today but just to see the peace and comfort she has in God is amazing.

Joanne Rivera said...

I was a friend of Karen's. She was my youth leader in a Bible camp in NY. I loved her!!! At the time I believe she was in Love with a man named Mike. I live in Florida so We wrote each other often and one day nothing. My birthday was Sept 28th, I just graduated high school in 1988. I had not heard from Karen. I called her mom and found out by her what happened. All I knew was that she was killed. I cried for the longest time. I would like a picture of her please.
jojorivera007@hotmail.com if you can. Im sorry you had to endure such a horrible thing. I was asked one time who would be the first person (other than GOD) would you like to see that has passed away and is in heaven...My answer was Karen Pulley!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,
My name is Lauren, I'm Lisette's oldest daughter, and would have been Karen's niece. Today would have been my aunt's 43rd birthday. I was only 1 when she died and never met her. But I know she is in a much better place right now, and that when I do finally get to meet her it will be awesome! All my life I have heard stories about my Aunt Karen and how she lived her life. I wish I could have known her, and had the opportunity to have an Aunt. I stumbled across your blog through Google and I am so thankful I did. I am so sorry about Karen. I can't even begin to imagine how it has affected your life. But I am so glad that she was surrounded by such amazing people, and that her story will live on; how she lived a life pleasing to her Heavenly Father and how much of an Angel she really was. Her time on this earth was short and ended in a most horrifying manner. I am so thankful that you have been praying for Nichols. I know that my grandmother, Ann, has forgiven him and prays for him too. I hope you do find the courage to write him one day. The thought had never occurred to me before, but I think I may write him a letter as well. Thank you again for blogging about it. I hope that the execution doesn't end up forgotten. My mom always said I would be a college graduate before Nichols was finally executed. I graduated from Concordia University last month. Though we have never met and most likely never will, I will be praying for you... Before today I never really thought about the impact her murder had on the people around her, other than her family. Thank you again for sharing your story.

-Lauren Monroe

Lori Waggoner said...

Lauren, I appreciate your comments and your prayers. Karen was a sweet Christian girl and I'm sorry you didn't have the chance to know her.

Take care and thanks for taking the time to tell me a part of your story.

matt.gerdin said...

Wow. Ann Pulley was my teacher and hearing her story is heart wrenching. I was able to visit with her the other week and she still thinks about Karen everyday. Yesterday was her birthday and I went searching for some information on her death and came across this. Thank you for sharing. I never met Karen, but the way that Mrs. Pulley describes her, she must have been an amazing women for God, and her short time on Earth was truely lived out for Him.
-Matt

Lori Waggoner said...

Yes, Matt, Karen was a sweet, committed Christian young woman. Although any sudden death is tragic, it seems more so with someone as innocent as Karen was.

I'm glad that she is remembered and honored by many both inside and outside of her family. It's hard to imagine what she would be like as a 40-something...she is immortalized as a bright-faced, healthy, young lady.

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. The Lord be with you.

Unknown said...

Hi, i came upon this post while googling my 4th grade teacher at Brainerd Baptist, Ms. Pulley. I knew what had happened to her daughter though I was away at college at the time. I met her when i was very young and she seemed very sweet. This was a sad story and I can't even imagine the hurt it must have caused to her mother.Thanks for the story.

mike said...

Hi Lori, it was very sad to see what happened to Karen. Her mom Ann, was my Spanish teacher in va during the time this all happened. I never met Karen but her mom was a very nice person and the way she described her made me realize that Karen was also a wonderful person. I just received the sad news that Karen's mom Ann, passed away on Christmas day 2012. It was a sad Christmas in deed but now they are both in heaven.

Lori Waggoner said...

Mike, Karen was a wonderful, sweet, young woman. I did not know of her mother's passing. What a joy to think of them united in Christ in a fuller way now. Blessings to you...

Unknown said...

I was a very good friend of one of the ladies that was attacked by Nichols. She passed in 2008. God rest their souls. I miss T so much but i.Know she is with Jesus and Karen and I will be there with them someday soon. God bless and keep you Lori.

Unknown said...

One of the women attacked by Nichols was a very good friend of mine. Sadly She passed in 2008. I miss T everyday . God rest hers and Karens souls. My comfort is that I will see her one day again in Heaven. God Bless you Lori.
Angie McClure Morris

Lori Waggoner said...

Blessings to you too. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I have often wondered about the other young women, but other than ST, I've had no way of knowing. May they rest in peace until the Resurrection when all will be set right and made new.

mike said...

Here's a link about karens moms passing from 2012. Her mom was a sweet person so I would imagine karen was very nice. I could tell her mom was devastated and never got over what happened. Very sad and makes me wonder how someone can be so mean to an innocent young lady.

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/dailypress/obituary.aspx?n=ann-ranson-pulley&pid=162001444&referrer=0&preview=false


Anonymous said...

The sins of the father

Anonymous said...

I suppose in life there are things that happen that you just cannot forget, I sat next to Karen in a class at Chattanooga State in 1987 and remembered her as a sweet and beautiful young lady, I still remember seeing the news of her murder and have over the years thought about it occasionally and have read this story a few times as well. Although I hate to mention his name here, Nichols is what I would consider to be one of the worst pieces of garbage to ever walk this earth. I see that Karen's mother passed a few years ago and know they are now together in everlasting peace.

Anonymous said...

I am Harolds daughter I would like to speak to you of him since you knew him would you email me babygirl110483@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Lori, I am not sure if this will reach you, being several years after you write this, if somehow it does,. I first would like to say that I am truly sorry for your lost of your friend Karen Pulley. I can not imagine coming home to find what you found upon returning home from work. I also would like to say that I have heard that today they have went to court in Hamilton county in the Nichols case, due to a change in the law since his sentencing, due to the change they are trying to get Mr Nichols off of death row. I would love to speak with you, if this reaches you in any way, if you would be up to talking with me, I would really appreciate it. If not I completely understand. I again would like to say that I am sorry for all that you have gone through.
Sincerely Tonya.

Anonymous said...

He is set for execution on august 4th that should ease your mind alittle although it wont bring back karen atleast he will pay for what he has done

Anonymous said...

His execution was just extended until Dec 31st due to the pandemic.