Sunday, September 30, 2007

Liberated Woman

I have been set free! I have a new lease on life. Best of all, I have my house back.

Yes, this is about the dog...my final post EVER about The Dog.

Simon was picked up by his new family on Friday morning and the transition was smooth and easy. It was made easier by seeing the joy in the little girl's face, and how Simon responded warmly to his new master. After he left, the fun began...

All my doors are open now and no rooms are blocked by gates. I don't feel the urge to leave or avoid my home anymore because I dread the dog's presence. Additionally, I spent 1 1/2 hours cleaning the lower half of our breakfast area. I knew I had chilled out on the whole cleaning thing because it had become an exercise in futility, but I did not realize just how much filth had accumulated! Afterwards, I stepped back and remembered why I used to keep a clean house...it was a great feeling just to get 1/2 of one room REALLY CLEAN!

Simon's new family confirmed this morning that they are really enjoying him...everyone is happy! Even me! I think this may be the best decision we've made in a long time...in spite of those "friends" who would ridicule me as hard-hearted and disturbed (RH).

At least I am disturbed and FREE!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are the rest of the household doing without dog? Joanie

Anonymous said...

I am sure everyone is happy now that the woman of the house is happy!!

Lori Waggoner said...

Joanie - Steve feels much the same as I do. The boys have been silent on the issue. In fact, part of the reason I am not feeling guilty anymore is the realization that the boys have spent the last 2 1/2 days exactly as they would have if Simon had been here...he was entirely ignored by them except for an occasional greeting, so it really doesn't change their lives all that much!

Debbie -Unfortunately, the old "If Mama Ain't Happy" saying is true...I don't like carrying the weight of everyone's happiness, but it's true nevertheless!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Lori. So...if I were thin-skinned, I would think that that "(RH)" at the end of the post was a directed at me, but instead I choose to believe that it means (R)eally (H)appy. I don't think that I called you "disturbed." Well, I didn't say it outright anyway... Maybe I said you were strange, but in a nice, lovable way??? I forgive you for not recognizing the great benefits of a dog. To think that you would choose a clean house over Fido! Do me a favor. Don't tell Mr. FH how much happier you are without your furry friend...you will undo my efforts to get another dog. To think that I could have had Simon if I had acted faster! :-)

Lori Waggoner said...

I figured that referencing you was the only way to bring you out of the closet and admit you're reading and ENJOYING my blog...in spite of me!!

I believe the terminology floating between yourself and Mr. Dawson, was "strange" and "something really wrong with her." Sorry for putting the word "disturbed" in your mouth...that was an interpretive move and one I'm sure you could confirm as accurate if you so chose!

But hey, thanks for stopping by! Now I'm gonna check out your blog, Missy!