Sunday, September 16, 2007

I won! I won!

For the first time in my life, I won something!

What did I win?

Thanks for asking! Ironically enough, I won a purse...yes, a purse. But not just ANY purse! It's an original, one-of-a-kind Annie Wolfe bag! What? Never heard of her? Neither had I...

You see, my friend, April (April Showers) has a sister, Rechelle, who hosted a contest on her blog to win one of these 3 bags (Country Doctor's Wife). All you had to do was write an ode to your old purse. There were 40 entries and I got 2nd place! Now I need to buy a whole new wardrobe because this bag is way more stylin' than anything I currently own!

Here is my "winning" entry:

Old timeless bag, you're stained and ripped and overall quite shabby;

You once were shiny, firm and chic, but now you're thin and flabby;

Unlike the boy who loved his worn-out, scarlet-fevered rabby;

I'm sending you to your funeral pyre, 'cause now I covet Abby.

"Abby" is the bag's name...

If you get a chance, visit April and Rechelle's blogs. They are both great story tellers and possess a brilliant knack for making the mundane delightful! Rechelle is also a musician...check out her album "Famous Girl Detective" at i-Tunes.

6 comments:

Angie B. said...

I'm disappointed I didn't win Claire, but I enjoyed reading all the entries.

Congratulations on winning Abby--and my condolences to your old purse about to be sentenced to handbag hades.

Lori Waggoner said...

Angie,
I didn't realize any of Rechelle's other contestants actually visited my blog...now I feel ashamed of my pretentious, exuberant declaration of victory!
(visualize head hanging...eyes cast down...)

Thank you for your congratulations and condolences. You were obviously more gracious in defeat than I was in VICTORY!!! Oops, sorry...there I go again.

Angie B. said...

Well, it's okay since I was coveting Claire, not Abby.

By the way, your pastor used to be my pastor years ago in Houston. It's nice to have a knowledgeable, caring, godly minister, isn't it? Too bad you have Jeff instead.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Did you read the other posts? I was another contestant (Albeit, I didn't take it too seriously as one can tell by my weak haiku.) And you know I visit your blog. My feelings are hurt, I tell you. sniff. sniff.

Lori Waggoner said...

Angie - As my teenage boys would say, "Oooohh...BURN!" I am glad to know of the connection...Jeff is like a father to me.

Jennifer - I never imagined it was YOU...I would never gloat...aw, nevermind. Sure I would! You'll get to see it in person - lucky you!

Anonymous said...

It is too funny that you won a PURSE!! Will we really get to see it or will you leave it somewhere the first day you take it out-or should that be 'wear' it out? Or will you leave it in the safety of your home...? :D