Friday, September 14, 2007

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Last night my husband returned from Columbus only to tell me that Lyle Lovett will be performing in San Antonio on October 14. We've been waiting for him to perform there, because we want to visit San Antonio's River Walk, the Alamo, etc.

So here's the deal...we have a dinner party already scheduled for the 13th, so we would leave Sunday AM the 14th, attend the concert that evening, sight-see Monday AM and return Monday PM.

It's a very irrational thing to do...and I told Steve, "Thanks, but we shouldn't." Now, I'm second guessing myself! Soooo.........I'm taking a poll!! Should we go to San Antonio or not? The poll is found in the upper left-hand corner of this blog page.

Anyone care to join us? :)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Definitely, go! It sounds like a great little getaway, you get to see your fav musician in concert, be on the riverwalk for a day (maybe just a preview, but maybe enough, too, you never know)- its not irrational, its FUN!

Anonymous said...

Be spontaneous Lori. It sounds absolutely wonderful. In fact can you squeeze another day out of it--three instead of two? Let someone else teach your class. Remember after the kids are grown, it will be you and Steve. Start practicing now. Joanie H.

JD Linton said...

Sure, go. You women can sometimes be toooo practicle. Besides, that is what frequent flyer points are for. Judy says go too.

Mr. Dad said...

I think you would Lovett!! (At a minimum, you would like it.) You only live once, and "you're not g _ _ _ _ _ g
a _ y y _ _ _ _ _ r!"

Anonymous said...

GO!!

Anonymous said...

I'll run over to take your dog out for you while you are gone!!!

Only a dog-lover can offer that;-)

La Mansion del Rio has the coolest place to eat, Las Canarias. Order the 7-course meal. They match the wine to each course! Maybe you'll get to eat some of Becky's pastries;-)

Hope it works out!

Anonymous said...

Nice offer, Chris; however, we have elected to have him euthanized instead...it's cheaper than the doggie hotel and safer than leaving him in the boys' care.

Thanks for the heads up on Las Canarias...sounds fabulous! I have wondered whether or not we would even have time to go see Becky, or my old friend, Lance. My biggest hesitation about the trip is the time crunch...we simply won't have enough time to take advantage of all the opportunities. I've heard such wonderful reports about San Antonio and want to experience it fully!