Wednesday, September 19, 2007

65 & Sunny...or Sunny & 65

Tonight my husband and I head to CA...to the Monterey/Carmel area. We will be joining his brother, sister and their spouses. They are an easy group to be with, so it should be a great time!

From what I understand, we will be visiting wineries on our first day then the boys will be playing golf the rest of the week. I have purchased several books to read:

East of Eden (apparently Steinbeck spent some time in Monterey and his Cannery Row developed out of his time there...)

Leepike Ridge (this is a recent publication by Nathan Wilson...supposedly an intelligent, rollicking boy's adventure story)

The Long Walk (a WWII story of some prisoners' escape and their arduous odyssey to freedom)

I don't know if I will have access to internet while I am there, so I may not post until next Monday...have a great week, everybody!

No comments: