Thursday, September 27, 2007

SOLD...to the Highest Bidder!

O-K...they were really the lowest bidder...oh, yeah, and the ONLY one.

So now I have to face my children this afternoon and tell them the news. I guess I'll console them by saying we can watch Simon whenever his new family leaves town...and maybe a "Love-It" from Coldstone won't hurt, either. I'm gonna be attempting to buy back their love for a long time!

I promised I wouldn't sent this dog away, so Steve is acting like it's his deal, but I don't think they'll buy it. He really DOES want to get rid of the dog, for the same reasons I do (he's not really being cared for), but I'm sure my complaining is influencing the decision as well. To make the boys and me feel better, he is surmising that his allergies have been worse since Simon moved into our household. That may be true, but bottom line is, everyone knows this decision is about MOM.

I FEEL SO GUILTY (can you tell?), but I gave it a good shot...I keep telling myself that I have made many other sacrifices for my family, but this one is too big...I just can't do it...and that's O-K, right?

The sad thing is: this dog worships me. I am his favorite in the household. Wherever I am, he wants to be. I know I'll be sad too, but mostly for the boys.

Well, H family, ENJOY!! He's all yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!! Don't feel guilty! You did give it a good shot and think about how happy the 4 "H" kids will be!! Lots of lovin' for Simon!!

Also, think about what a happy house your place will be!! And the tub will stay a lot cleaner...Will you still make me chocolate martinis some time?

Jessie said...

No guilt! It will be better - he'll have some little girls to mother him now!

Anonymous said...

Is this the adorable "auction" dog? Auctions thrive on impulsiveness. I should know. If the boys need a dog, get a video and a stuffed toy dog. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Debbie - how 'bout I just post the recipe? Actually, as long as I don't have to see you cuddle with Simon, I might make them again!

Jessie - after watching Jennifer and Charis take him away and the way they were all interacting, I was so encouraged and felt less guilt! Thanks for the encouragement!

Joanie - Yes, this is the auction dog...and you know, we didn't really intend to get it! SEveral people were bidding on the first dog and we raised our # as a joke - everyone knows how I feel about dogs - but NO ONE bid on Simon, so suddenly we were stuck!! I guess the joke was on us!

Eric has lots of dog posters and stuffed dogs...he'll be fine!