Sunday, August 21, 2011

30 in 30: Blueberries 'N Cream W/ Cilantro-Lime Glaze

So...that's a really long name for a recipe, but the only other I could come up with, used the word "Thingy" which I figured no true Wordsmith Apprentice would EVER use!  So...there you have it.  A very long title.

And I finally will admit what I have known all along.  My food photography stinks.  The lighting in my kitchen is not conducive to good photos and I don't have the time or the will to set up extra lighting in order to take great photos.  Besides, while I believe presentation is important, I also acknowledge it is not my strong suit.  Flavor?  I can DO THAT!

Blueberries 'N Cream w/ Cilantro-Lime Glaze
Serves 4


2 Sister Schubert's Rolls, halved, buttered, and toasted at 350 until crisp and brown - about 10 minutes.

Cream
Blend together in mixing bowl:
1/2 c. heavy cream whipped
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. powdered sugar

Sauce
In a saucepan on medium heat, stir until dissolved:
1/4 c. lime juice
1/3 c. sugar

Whisk in:
2 t. cilantro (I used the pre-crushed cilantro in a tube, found in the produce section of the supermarket)
1 1/2 t. cornstarch

Whisk until thoroughly combined and starting to thicken.  Let cool slightly before serving.

To serve:
Place 1/2 a roll on plate.  
Spoon a large dollop of cream onto bread.  
Top with 1/4-1/3 c. fresh sweet blueberries.
Drizzle cilantro-lime glaze over the top and around edge of plate.

This is one of my favorites so far!  Really good stuff!

No comments: